Monday, June 14, 2021

Dr. Tom the titles of your new leadership books intrigue me, how did you pick them? Be a leader who can see ahead like a giraffe!

 


 

Dr. Tom the titles of your new leadership books intrigue me, how did you pick them?

Be a leader who can see ahead like a giraffe!

I wanted two leadership books. One would explore the dark side of leadership and the other the authentic or good side. Unfortunately, I had more stories about the dark side and many were just awful. The authentic side stories are not as numerous. The stories are all authentic and real life based for both books. I myself or my colleagues actually experienced them. They are only slightly changed to protect the identity of some of the leaders. The dark side was maybe a little too dramatic. It does have some redundant and repetitious stories. This is not my fault or an editing fault. Dark leaders are not very creative. Many use the same tired and sorry tactics. However, the situations were even more dramatic and uncomfortable for the followers. Boogeyman Leadership: How to Turn Your Employees into Listless Zombies describes all too common leadership tactics that numb employees into becoming animated drones.  I urge the reader to not read it from start to end but to jump around in the book.  The other book Leadership by Storytelling: The Best Way to Learn Good Leadership Principles is peppered with uplifting and inspirational leadership action. Good leaders, who care, will learn much from the authentic stories.

Both are available on Amazon.

Lead by stories to be authentic #leadership #leadershipadvice

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/lead-like-giraffe-tell-stories-dr-thomas-tom-depaoli

No comments: