Tuesday, June 15, 2021

A Guided Tour of the Book Kaizen Kreativity (Oops!) Available on Amazon

 

 


 

A Guided Tour of the Book Kaizen Kreativity (Oops!) Available on Amazon

                                                  By Dr. Tom DePaoli

 

Tour From the Author

This book can be useful to both people who are very familiar with the Kaizen process and those entirely new to the process. Experienced readers should just review Chapter Four: Tools and Descriptions, first. Then they should look at the following chapters:
·     Chapter Six: Make Kaizens Creative and Fun
·     Chapter Seven: Amazon Fun Training Exercise
·     Chapter Eight: Starbucks Fun Training Exercise
·     Chapter Nine: Oil Change Fun Exercise
·     Chapter Seventeen: Common Kaizen Mistakes
·     Chapter Five: Kaizen Success Stories
Inexperienced readers are going to have to try to read through the book in roughly chapter order. Do not try to read the book in one sitting. Take your time to absorb and understand the Kaizen process. I recommend that you pay special attention to Chapter Five: Kaizen Success Stories. The Kaizen tools have been around for years.
As I stated in the introduction, this book may not be exactly what you are looking for, but it does reflect my opinion of what can work when using the Kaizen process. Change is always a tough path for many people. The Kaizen process encourages small changes but often it can produce even more spec­tacular results. I have repeated some points that I believe are important.

Brief Summary

In his new creative book Kaizen Kreativity (Oops) or Don't Be Afraid of Looking Stupid. I'm an Expert at It! author Dr. Tom DePaoli offers an entertaining and creative approach to improving work processes. He uses a variety of techniques including story-telling, imaginative training exercises and ready to go outlines of PowerPoints on Kaizens.  He uses self-deprecating humor to recall the many times when he stumbled, when trying to implement Kaizen events. The book also serves as a good desktop guide to Kaizens with a wealth of information on how to organize for Kaizen events. Dr. DePaoli shows that just using a few Kaizen tools can often result in significant gains. The book will help both the novice and experienced Kaizen leader.
 
He shows real life examples of teams that made great gains. By following these stories the reader can gain a career's worth of experience in Kaizen events. Like many good business leaders, the author places getting the trust of the Kaizen work team first and foremost in his book. He emphasizes the intense preparations for the Kaizen event. His book tackles common mistakes in the Kaizen event, dealing with team bad actors and building a strong relationship with the Kaizen champion. It provides elements of a desktop guide along with suggestions on how to make the Kaizen tools exciting. This is a novel guide to a Kaizen event.
 "Above all don't be afraid of looking stupid! I'm an expert at it! And it has served me very well."

Book Dedication

This book is dedicated to all the people whom I have worked with and for in my career. The book is a summary of many of the Kaizen lessons that I learned in my career. I have used a very different approach in this book. It is an eclectic style, so be warned in advance. Readers will find serious sec­tions, humorous areas, and creativity-nudging attempts. I believe in the Kaizen process and I have seen tremendous results from its application. One never knows if the changes created will be slight or colossal! This is part of the excitement of the Kaizen voyage.
I have woven together many of the lessons learned in this book to help you avoid the numerous mistakes that I have made. I do hope the reader will gain valuable insights from my Kaizen adventures. In order to protect some clients and colleagues, I had to keep the Kaizen tools and results somewhat disguised. I strongly believe in the Kaizen process so I hope the reader is not offended by my fervor. I do realize that the Kaizen is not always the right tool for process improvement and often fails when misapplied.
The book does serve as a fundamental field manual guide to Kaizens, but it can't meet every need of every reader. Most of my Kaizen experience has been with large and medium-sized corporations. However, the principles do apply to small businesses.
I sometimes repeat what I consider important points about process improvement principles for the reader. Be patient with this approach; rein­forcement does work. I really believe that Kaizens are a fine instrument for creativity in organizations and should not be underestimated. The journey of Kaizen discovery, although many times tedious and frustrating, can be great fun. Some of this book is my attempt to make it fun for you. I hope that the reader enjoys the Kaizen adventure as much as I did. I will start with reinterpreting the definition. Kaizen (ka-ee_sen) means a change for the better. This is a philosophy of reducing waste while constantly improving the process. Small changes are powerful. My Kaizen definition is a creative but structured approach to improve a process, or to eliminate anything of nonvalue, by the people who actually do the work.
This book is definitely my way of doing a Kaizen with my preferences. I have found that using this approach has been the most successful for me and my clients. This does not mean that other methods will not work. This approach has been tested by me and seems to work well. I do urge you to adjust your approach based on the culture of your organization! Chapter two gives you various ideas on how to read this book depending on your skill level and familiarity with the Kaizen concept. Please vary your Kaizen approach based on your experiences and your organization.
Above all, don't be afraid of looking stupid! I'm an expert at it! And it has served me very well.

Dr. Tom DePaoli, (Dr. Tom or Captain Tom), is currently an independent management consultant, the CEO of Apollo Solutions, which does general business consulting in the human resources, supply chain and lean six sigma areas. His organization was self-founded in 1995. He retired as a Captain from the Navy Reserve. In other civilian careers, he was a supply chain and human resources executive with corporate purchasing turnaround experience and lean six sigma deployments. He has worked for over ten major companies and consulted for over fifty organizations throughout his career. Some of his consulting projects include: information systems projects, re-engineering organizations, organizational transformation, e-procurement, e-commerce, change management, leadership training, creativity improvement, global sourcing and negotiating, especially information based negotiations. His industry experience is in the chemical, paper, DOD, pharmaceutical, IT, startup, automotive, government, consumer, equipment, business services and consulting industries. He has been published extensively in journals, magazines and books. He is the author of eleven books all available on Amazon.  He has instructed at six education facilities in numerous roles. He is active in supporting the YMCA, Wounded Warrior, and the prevention of the bullying of children.

 

https://www.amazon.com/author/tomdepaoli    = Dr. Tom’s Amazon author’s page

http://www.apollosolutions.us  = Website of Apollo Solutions his business

drtombooks.com  = More information on Dr. Tom’s books and writings

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dr-thomas-depaoli/0/736/6b3/  = LinkedIn home page

https://apollosolutionsbooksandconsulting.blogspot.com/   = Dr. Tom’s blog

@DrTomDePaoli = Twitter    https://twitter.com/DrTomDePaoli

https://www.facebook.com/ApolloSolutionsConsulting = Facebook of Apollo Solutions

 

Learn how to run a process improvement event. #leadershipadvice #lean #kaizen #processimprovement

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/guided-tour-book-kaizen-kreativity-oops-available-amazon-depaoli

 

 

 

 

 

 

Contact Dr. Tom = thomasdepaoli@yahoo.com drtombooks.com for newsletter sign up https://drtombooks.com/contact/ My Books link: https://www.amazon.com/Tom-DePaoli/e/B003XSV1IQ

No comments: