Thursday, March 19, 2020





Encourage People to Always Improve Their Skills. Lead by Example Here
I have seven professional certifications and a PhD. I always encouraged my employees to pursue more training and to improve their skills. I have conducted pre-certification training and always celebrated when one of my employees achieved a certification or a degree. Part of this drive to get better comes from the fact that at least four times in my life I was thrown into or promoted into a position that I knew absolutely nothing about. My only recourse was to learn as fast as I could and get help from the professional organization relevant to my position. My employees would notice me staying after work and studying for a particular course or certification. More importantly, I fought for reimbursement for them when they pursed additional training. Encourage people to always improve their skills. Lead by example here.


No comments: