Saturday, February 12, 2022

Stand Up For What You Believe In. Do Not Be Silent to Idiots or Insanity.

Stand Up For What You Believe In. Do Not Be Silent to Idiots or Insanity. When I was working for a large chemical company I was told to run the numbers to justify an inventory project that would write down inventory and put in place a new inventory software system. I ran the numbers many different ways and presented the best results that I could that were based on accepted accounting and inventory practices. My justification was subsequently presented to my vice-president. He called me up and told me to fudge or inflate the numbers so that the capital committee would approve the project. I told him that I could not inflate the numbers and use unaccepted practices to justify the project. I remarked that that would be dishonest and misleading. I also noted that we would lose all credibility especially if we wanted future projects. He went on a vicious rant and informed me that he was the expert on projects not me. The project was not proposed that year. Next year after the budget was approved, I was called into my boss’s office. He informed me that my position was not in next year’s budget and my position was being eliminated. Off the record, he was honest enough to tell me that the vice-president was responsible for the decision and that the vice president was personally going to re-propose the inventory project in the new budget year. Fortunately two weeks later I landed another positon that was a step advancement that paid me 40% more salary. Stand up for what you believe in. Do not be silent to idiots or insanity. Contact Dr. Tom = thomasdepaoli@yahoo.com drtombooks.com for newsletter sign up https://drtombooks.com/contact/ My Books link: https://www.amazon.com/Tom-DePaoli/e/B003XSV1IQ

No comments: