Saturday, February 12, 2022

Praise People Who Do A Good Job Often

Praise People Who Do A Good Job Often By Dr. Tom DePaoli For more leadership stories see his book: Leadership by Storytelling on Amazon I ran a team of eight employees who did supply chain functions. When one of them did an outstanding job, I would reward them with some time off for the accomplishment. This time off reward seems to be the most popular with the team. I decided to expand the praise. I had a background in football coaching and we would put stickers on a player’s helmet when they made a good play. Since we did not wear helmets, I constructed a bulletin board with each individuals name on it. Whenever they did very well, I would put a sticker next to their name and run the stickers horizontally across the board. The prize for ten stickers was me buying them lunch. They all relished in the fact that I had to buy them lunch. I did limit the lunch to a particular local restaurant, but the banter by the whole team as a person was getting closer to a free lunch, was particularly rambunctious and funny. Praise people who do a good job often. Contact Dr. Tom = thomasdepaoli@yahoo.com drtombooks.com for newsletter sign up https://drtombooks.com/contact/ My Books link: https://www.amazon.com/Tom-DePaoli/e/B003XSV1IQ

No comments: