Saturday, July 25, 2020

Have Supply Management People attend Production Meetings It Works!










Have Supply Management People attend Production Meetings It Works!

One of the first things that I had my supply management people do was to attend production meetings that took place every day in the plant. I required them to attend the meeting’s which were often conducted early and before many staff personnel normally arrived in the plant. I myself, when I worked in production, had heard various staff functions being criticized by production personnel and basically bad-mouthed.  My logic to my people was that if they are going to bad-mouth you, you should be present to hear it, or defend yourself, or take action to correct what they were complaining about.  What shortly happened is that the production people soon realized that informing supply management people of potential problems gave us a much better chance of helping them with spare parts or maintenance orders.  It also eliminated any of the normal message hand-off noise that accompanied many of their requests and demonstrated that we had a sense of urgency to help solve their problems. We also brought in supplier experts to help with technical problems and issues that arose. Soon my people were accepted as contributing members of the production team.




Contact Dr. Tom = thomasdepaoli@yahoo.com drtombooks.com for newsletter sign up https://drtombooks.com/contact/ My Books link: https://www.amazon.com/Tom-DePaoli/e/B003XSV1IQ

No comments: