Thursday, August 27, 2020

Offer Solutions, Not Problems and Try to Keep the Solutions Simple.

 

 


Offer Solutions, Not Problems and Try to Keep the Solutions Simple.

My team was sent overseas to work in a warehouse in a third world country and assist in inventory verification and the shipping of items to another location. When we started one of the forklift operators got on a forklift and started to work. The brakes were not working properly and luckily the forklift did not crash. My deputy was aghast and near panic. He came to me with the problem and asked what to do next. I decided that it was time to instruct my deputy in offering solutions to problems not just stating the problem. I suggested composing a forklift safety checklist for the forklift driver before they start the shift and just to be safe have two individuals complete the checklist and sign it when it is completed. He soon caught on and then used initiative and contacted the forklift manufacturer to provide their checklist before the forklift was operated. The manufacturer also sent us a video on how to check their forklifts before operation. My deputy then used this solutions approach for the rest of the trip. Offer solutions, not problems and try to keep the solutions simple.

 

 

Contact Dr. Tom = thomasdepaoli@yahoo.com drtombooks.com for newsletter sign up https://drtombooks.com/contact/ My Books link: https://www.amazon.com/Tom-DePaoli/e/B003XSV1IQ

No comments: